US-Russia Student Virtual Exchange
The Year of Exchange in America for Russians (YEAR) program is launching a new exciting opportunity to connect Russian and American undergraduate students during the spring 2021 semester. The goal of this initiative is to promote mutual understanding and intercultural dialogue between Russian and American youth. Through a series of virtual activities, Russian and American students will connect and make lasting connections with each other.
The YEAR program will facilitate communication between the students and organize various monthly live sessions with invited speakers on topics of mutual interests, such as inclusion and diversity, professional development, and graduate-level education in the United States.
The students will also connect in groups to discuss the monthly speaker topics, share their thoughts and feedback, and engage in non-intensive assignments. Participants will also utilize the online platform to connect with their peers with similar interests, fields of study, and professional goals. Following this initiative, the students will have gained a deeper understanding of society and values, academics, and culture.
This initiative is open to American students meeting the following eligibility requirements:
- Participated in a Department of State funded study abroad program in Russia or other countries of the Eurasia region.
- Critical Language Scholarship
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
- National Security Language Initiative for Youth
- Currently enrolled in an American college as an undergraduate or graduate student
- Have at least an intermediate level of Russian proficiency
- Interest to connect with Russian students and contribute to mutual understanding between American and Russian people
- Citizen of the United States
- 18-25 years old.
The program will review applications on a rolling basis and enroll 60 American students who meet eligibility criteria on a first come first serve approach.
To learn more about this initiative and how to apply, please contact us at [email protected]