The 2021-2022 application for host institutions is now open. Apply by March 15, 2021 to host YEAR students!
The YEAR program partners with American universities and community college across the United States to provide an enriching academic and cultural experience to YEAR students. Host institutions play a key role in the success of the program.
The program covers participants’ international round trip, tuition and mandatory fees, room and board, health insurance, as well as provides a small stipend and a book allowance for students.
YEAR student will enroll as full time non-degree students at host institutions and take course courses in their field of study as well as American and elective courses.
Students are studying in the United States on a J-1 visa, and the YEAR program issues the DS-2019 Form.
YEAR Program Expectations from Host Institutions:
- two and four-year institutions that provide high-quality academic programs.
- experience working with international students.
- ability to provide a significant cost-share contribution. Cost-share can be offered in the form of full or partial tuition, partial meal plan cost waivers, scholarship, or other contribution.
- providing academic, cultural, and logistical support to YEAR students.
- place students in on-campus housing or with host families if on-campus housing is not available.
- enrolling students in meal plans on campus.
- ability to connect students with local communities and support identify volunteering opportunities.
- availability to connect YEAR students with host families on holidays, weekends, and/or school’s breaks to help students learn about American culture and values.
YEAR Program Expectations from Students:
- Enroll as a full-time non-degree students at an American university of community college.
- Volunteer for a minimum of 25 hours per year in their local community as part of the community service activity.
- Maintain a good academic record.
- Share their culture with American people and students on campus.
- Connect with American host families to deepen understanding about American culture and values.
For any questions or additional information, please contact us at [email protected]